Congratulations to Alyssa and Gianna for receiving the Kathy Abouzahra Memorial Scholarship, $2,500 each! We wish you both continued success!
• CLOSED MONDAYS: Effective Monday, May 11th the Pantry will no longer offer distribution on Mondays. This will allow us to receive and process larger deliveries so that we can serve you better. We will be open the other distribution days as usual: Tue 3-7pm, Wed 11-2 and Thurs 10-12.
• We know many of you are receiving unfamiliar foods, and we ask for your patience as we work to find new ways to get closer to providing you only what you need.
• In the meantime, if you have excess food, we encourage you to share it with someone who might be in need, try something new, or donate it back in our donation center.
• Each week we will now be asking you more questions in order to better accommodate your needs, which may slow down the process somewhat.
● Stay tuned as we are working on ways to make each week’s list available for you to fill out prior to coming to the Pantry. If you want to learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children need healthy food to learn and grow and be active. Let us help you provide lunch for your child(ren) while home on April vacation!
People Helping People invites you to sign your child(ren) up for our FREE People Helping People Lunch Program for Kids.
What you need to know:
• You will receive the foods and recipes necessary to prepare 5 lunches, 5 snacks and 5 beverages for each child.
• Pick up time: Monday, April 20th, 4:00-6:00 pm
• Pick up location: PHP Food Pantry, 10 Saint Mark’s Road, Burlington, MA
• FREE to all families participating in the Free or Reduced Price school meals in Burlington as well as to current People Helping People Food Pantry clients with school-age children.
To register for the program please fill out our registration form online at: https://tinyurl.com/PHPLPKapril2020
Lunches are provided in collaboration with Burlington Public School Services. If you have any questions or have trouble accessing the online form, please call 781-270-6625 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Jane McIninch and Cheryl Barnes
We are very excited that Bob Murray and the Cafe Escadrille will be hosting the 9th Annual Wine Tasting & Charity Auction on Sunday, February 23 from 2-5 pm. Price this year will be $60pp. Proceeds benefit People Helping People!
A few exciting changes this year – We have a new auctioneer Burlington’s own Jack Ferren! Jack promised to bring a lot of fun in the afternoon. We are selling a few tables of 12 that can be reserved in advance. Tables must be paid by February 15th. We will also have a new improved checkout at the time of your purchase!
Only 180 tickets will be sold. Tickets can be purchased at Spencer Cleaners (both locations), A Whole Bunch of Flowers or by contacting Janet Sullivan-Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-244-9519!
The People Helping People, Kathy Abouzahra Memorial Scholarship was established in 2019 in memory of Kathy’s dedication to community service and to the Burlington Food Pantry. Kathy believed strongly that service to others is the foundation of a strong and vibrant community. She lived by her mantra of “Anything worth doing, it is worth doing right”.
Scholarships totaling $5000 will be awarded to Burlington graduating seniors who demonstrated impactful community service and performed exemplary volunteer work. The money will be paid directly to the tuition officer of the selected institution after receipt of a second-semester bill.
• Full-time high school senior & Burlington resident
• Plan to attend college, university, or vocational/technical school
Click here to download the application
Burlington High School Seniors:
Please complete the application, attach supporting documents, and submit to the BHS Guidance Department. The BHS Guidance Department will automatically attach transcripts and mail applications.
Please complete the application and include a copy of your high school transcript and supporting documents.
Burlington Food Pantry
Kathy Abouzahra Memorial Scholarship
P.O. Box 343
Burlington, MA 01803
The People Helping People “Wish Tree” will be at the Burlington Mall starting November 23rd. The tree provides over 2000 gifts to children in need in Burlington. We are looking for additional Groups/Organizations to staff the tree for a day at the Mall. What better way to help those in need during the holiday season in the community of Burlington. For more information, contact Janet Sullivan Fitzgerald at email@example.com or (781) 244-9519
Donations Needed ! ! !
On Saturday, May 11th the National Association of Letter Carriers is conducting their annual Stamp Out Hunger food drive. Any food collected in Burlington will be donated directly to People Helping People’s Burlington Food Pantry.
The most pressing needs at the moment are:
Cereal & Oatmeal
Boxes of tissues
2 lb. sugar (granulated)
Toilet paper (indv. wrapped)
If you have any questions, contact Jane or Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-270-6625.
Sunday, May 5, 2019
Boston Common – all day event
Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger is Massachusetts’ largest and oldest day of community action against hunger. In its 51st year, the event offers three routes that begin and end on Boston Common:
• 20-mile walk route: With eight shuttle bus checkpoints returning to Boston Common
• NEW: 3-mile walk route
• 5K run: Through Boston’s Back Bay neighborhood
A celebration with food, festivities, and live music on the Common will follow.
Join the People Helping People team!
This year 60% of our fundraising stays with People Helping People to alleviate hunger in Burlington. To register for our team or to make a donation, visit tinyurl.com/PHPWalkforHunger or scan QR code.