We are excited to share some changes in the pantry with you. The pantry will reopen on Tuesday, October 9 after having undergone a complete makeover. This will include a completely new floorplan and shopping format. Our goal is to provide you with more flexibility, a shorter wait and allow us to better meet your needs.
We sincerely hope you will like the changes we have made:
• No more appointments, come when you need food (see new hours below).
• Pick up food once a week, both fresh food and canned goods.
• Browse the shelves by yourself. Volunteers are available to help upon request. Check in upon arrival, pick out food, just follow the signs, check out when done.
• Volunteers will restock the shelves throughout distribution. Items will be replenished as needed.
• Expanded distribution hours (effective starting Tuesday, Oct 9)
Monday 11 am – 2 pm (Note: we are closed Monday, Oct 8)
Tuesday 3 pm – 7pm
Wednesday 11 am – 2 pm
Thursday 10 am – 12 pm (noon)
*Note: No changes at this time to monthly deliveries.
Do not forget that we will be conducting our annual re-registration of all clients during the month of October. When arriving at the pantry for the first time after Oct 1, you MUST bring your photo ID and 2 recent utility bills (or bank statement, etc.; dated within 45 days) to verify your Burlington residency.
Please be patient with us as we all need to adjust to the new and improved pantry operations. You may experience a longer wait time until everyone adjusts to the new systems, but we are confident that after the transition it will allow us to much better meet your needs.
Jane McIninch & Cheryl Barnes